MMO players? WOW players?

Türk mankenler hakkında haberler, resim ve videolar

Postby vigoss888 on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 am

Did this guy ever look at the 4 archetypes of MUD/MOO/MMO players? The achiever/explorer/killer/social categories? Each game addresses a certain gamut of those axes, and no game can address them all. This is why I believe WoW will eventually peter out, just like every unstoppable titan MMO before it. We’ve always had one king of the hill, until the next one came along. UO->EQ->WoW->??? PvP is why this particular player wow gold is looking forward to Age of Conan as a viable replacement for WoW. I have been extremely unsatisfied with WoW PvP since, oh, release, I guess. Not all MMO players are from the EQ carebear uber-achiever tradition. UO, AO, and SB players in particular have a much higher regard for PvP and real stakes like player cities. Some of us prefer wow power leveling true open world PvP to the factions, canned BGs and arenas of WoW. The PvP hardcores I know, in and out of my guild, are looking at AoC to provide everything that WoW currently does not. Death of WoW? No, not by a long shot. But WoW isn’t doing anything that wow gold the previous king MMO’s didn’t. They just opened the market wider than anyone before, but every king MMO before widened the market somewhat. They should be thanked, but even Blizzard knows it can’t coast on WoW forever. They have another MMO coming. My prediction is, if it’s WoW2 or Diablo3, it will flop, when compared to WoW. If it’s World of Starcraft or a brand new IP, it has a good chance of bottling lightning again. In the meantime, 3 years later, WoW is getting very stale to a lot of us. If Blizzard can’t fill the vacuum a waning WoW is creating, I’m sure someone else will. Someone always has before. I think, eventually all good things wow gold must come to end. To think that WOW will forever ruin the Scape of MMORPG gaming is a bit short sighted. One day people will tire of WOW and move on to the next big thing. I have no idea how many of those 9 million are located here in the states but if we have a reputation for anything in our country it is fleeting infatuations. Saying that Blizzard has somehow transcended the ambivalence of the American consumer may be giving them a bit to much credit. I am of course assuming a large portion of that 9 million is based in the states. Finally, someone wow gold who can see that WoW is starting to plateau. Blizzard insists that there is plenty of room to grow but they are heavily biased. The unprecendented growth that this MMO has experienced was a result of word of mouth advertising. The hype is starting to dwindle, making the TV commercials a necesssary countermeasure in order to sustain growth. It’s quite right that EVE Online should be mentioned. For those that can handle scifi and prefer true PvP and not the watered down, lip service style that most MMOs (especially WoW) have, EVE Online is the best out there. (disclaimer: yes I’m a player in EVE Online however I’ve played a lot of MMOs as well) As to the OP and how WoW is sucking wow gold the life out of the MMO genre: it’s not true. Take into account that WoW’s appeal is based on the most basic and memorable of game mechanics: leveling. Those who were young in the 80s, were tied to D&D. Now they have WoW and it’s rather simplistic play style which happens to be very similar. I feel that eventually they will tire of the monotony and lack of solid goals (other than getting that last bit of armor). The problem is at this point WoW is on the high end of it’s cycle, so everyone views it as the problem. The other problem is that so many want a simple game that has elves and swords with a low learning curve and a high level goal. Other games that could unseat it (Guild Wars for example) would do well to build on that model while creating very unique worlds that will capture peoples attention. Over all I feel that there is more than enough life left in the “old school” MMO method. But to wrest the “crown” from WoW is probably impossible because of simple metrics. Even if every player in WoW were to quit, until they cleaned out the dead accounts they can claim what they want to. The real measure of an MMO is not simply accounts but how many accounts are renewed, and trust me few MMO game companies are going to tell anyone that. Until they and WoW do, yyqq1001 WoW will always be perceived as the 800# gorilla of MMO gaming.
wow gold
wow gold
wow gold
wow gold
wow gold
vigoss888

Return to Türk Mankenler